- To provide a source of education and support for fanciers of Bernese Mountain Dogs
- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of purebred Bernese Mountain Dogs and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection, with an emphasis on health, longevity, and soundness in body and temperament
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Bernese Mountain Dogs shall be judged
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at all dog events
- To conduct sanctioned and licensed specialty shows and obedience trials under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club
- To promote, and educate all dog fanciers to follow, the principles of responsible dog ownership in the home and community
Membership includes people who are involved in breeding, showing, service and performance events, as well as those whose Berners are cherished family members. There are currently 51 voting members, 50 sustaining members, and 3 junior members in the club (as of 2/1/10). A directory of members is published annually, though new members may apply and join at any time.
The BMDCR is governed by its Constitution and Bylaws. The club is a registered nonprofit, tax exempt organization. Officers are elected for 2-year terms and include President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary, plus 5 Members-at-large who comprise a Board of Directors. Standing committees include Bylaws, Public Education/Breeder Referral, Membership, Newsletter, Rescue, Show, Ways and Means and Website. Task Forces and Ad Hoc committees are formed as needed.
Copyright 2010-2018 - Bernese Mountain Dog Club of the Rockies
All art work, logos, and photos are the property of the BMDCR and/or the original artist or photographer and may not be reproduced without express permission.
Click here to donate to the
BMDCR Rescue Fund